Teaching Staff: Mr R Poots (HoD), Mr G Black, Mr J Ervine, Miss C McCann
Technician: Mr S Cousins
The goal of the Technology Department (TD) is for every pupil to fully develop their practical skills and knowledge relating to Technology. The subject is taught through a range of practical activities and projects, each with their own learning intentions. TD is further developed with graphical tasks and the inclusion of related knowledge (theory).
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN YEAR 8?
- Topic 1: Safety - Range of tasks to develop understanding
- Topic 2: Perspex Dish - Use of machines, tools and materials
- Topic 3: Christmas Item - Tree or Snowman. Energy and Control and Assembly Skills
- Topic 4: ICT - Crocodile Clips (Electronic Simulation)
- Topic 5: Castle - History/Mechanism Project
- Topic 6: Pneumatic Systems - Use safety and assembly
- Topic 7: Graphics - Oblique and single point perspective
Topic 8: Materials - Wood and Plastic
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN YEAR 9?
- Topic 1: Graphics - Main four types of 3D drawing
- Topic 2: Perspex Forming - Line trending, for example, Desk Tidy, Photo Frame or Mobile Phone Holder
- Topic 3: Night Light - Manufacture and use of PCB board plus range of electric components. Plastic Moulding/Vacuum Forming
- Topic 4: Metals - Ferrous/Non-Ferrous/Pure and Alloy
Topic 5: Steel Fabrication - Paint Tin Opener, shaping, bending, finishing
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN YEAR 10?
- Topic 1: Levers - Three types (elements) Information Poster
- Topic 2: PCB Assembly - use of commercial PCB. Assemble equipment for Musical Money Box
- Topic 3: Plywood Box Construction Technique plus use of milking machine and CNC mill
- Topic 4: Bird House - joining construction and assembly
- Topic 5: Metal Moving Car - basic engineering skills, lathe work, threaded bar