Teaching Staff: Mrs J Clements, Mrs V Patterson, Mrs S Carson
Art and Design is part of everyone’s life. It has universal appeal to the mind, senses and the imagination. Visual awareness and qualities of imaginative flair, flexibility and ingenuity developed through the subject are valuable for any future career. It is the goal of the Art & Design department to give pupils the opportunity to develop their intellect through problem-solving, research and design. We hope to heighten a sense of aesthetic awareness, stimulate creative ability and enrich lives.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN YEAR 8?
Topic 1: Drawing, Shading, Colour Theory
Topic 2: Self-Portrait
Topic 3: Character Portrait
Topic 4: 3D Form Character
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN YEAR 9?
- Topic 1: Still Life Study
- Topic 2: Textile Artist Report
- Topic 3: Textile Design: Graphite, Oil Pastels, Colouring Pencils
- Topic 4: Textiles Batik and Dyes/Paints on Fabric
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN YEAR 10?
- Topic 1: Pop Artists - Mind Map
- Topic 2: A5 Pop-Art Compositions
- Topic 3: Popular Culture Report
- Topic 4: Pop Art Techniques
- Topic 5: A3 Pop Painting