The following principles form the basis of our Child Protection Policy:
- The young person’s welfare is of paramount importance;
- Young people have a right to feel safe, to be heard, listened to and taken seriously;
- We have a pastoral responsibility towards the children in our care and should take all reasonable steps to ensure their welfare is safeguarded and their safety is preserved;
- A proper balance must be struck between protecting young people and respecting the rights and needs of the parents and families; but where there is conflict, the young person’s interests must come first.
The School’s Safeguarding Team
- The protection of all pupils in our care;
- Ensuring staff receive regular Child Protection Training;
- To have in place a Designated Teacher for Child Protection and a Deputy Designated Teacher;
- To ensure Parents are aware of their role in Child Protection.