A99 Millennium Way Extension
Update for parents on 25th August 2016
TransportNI have contacted Lurgan Junior High School to inform us of their progress. As such, I wish to advise you of the following:
1. Throughout SEPTEMBER and OCTOBER there will be significant work carried out at the Gilford Road/Banbridge Road/Flush Place Roundabout.
2. This means that TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT ARRANGEMENTS will be put in place.
3. A road closure will be required for the roundabout toward the end of the construction works to complete the road surfacing. A further update will be provided closer to the time.
4. At times, there may be lane closures at the Malcolm Road / Russell Drive junction.
5. At all times traffic management arrangements will be clearly signposted.
6. There will also be pedestrian management arrangements and your children are advised to take extreme care when walking to and from school.
ADVICE TO PARENTS
If travelling from Waringstown or Magheralin by car, you would be advised leave extra time for you journey, especially in the event of wet weather.
Congratulations to Lurgan Junior High School pupils Lewis Richardson and Rodney Craig who competed in the N. Ireland Schools’ Judo Championships at the weekend.
Lewis won a Bronze Medal in the Under 42 KG weight category and Rodney won Silver in the Under 60 KG category. Well done boys.
Some of our Year 9 girls who recently reached the Quarter Finals of the IFA Schools’ Super Girls’ Football Festival held at Belfast Playing Fields Mallusk. A fantastic achievement considering a total of 60 teams entered the competition.
Please find attached a copy of the 2016/17 School Calendar. We will also have some changes to our school day next year, the timings of which are included below.
2016/17 School Calendar
Congratulations to Olivia Gibson (Yr 10) and Lydia McNeill (Yr 9) on their selection to play for Ulster U16’s in a three match series against Scotland, at the National Hockey Stadium in Glasgow from the 17th – 19th June. All the very best from the entire school community.
PSNI have asked pupils, staff and parents to be aware of ‘stranger danger’ after a report of an incident (Mourne Road Area) earlier in the week. During the incident one of our pupils was approached by an unidentified male.
PSNI community officers are stepping up local patrols and ask that all of our pupils are vigilant and advise them to walk home with other friends when possible.
There is currently 1 case of Chickenpox in school.
Chickenpox is a mild and common childhood illness that most children catch at some point.
Dear Parents and P7 pupils
We, at Lurgan Junior High School, are looking forward to your attendance at the Information Evening on Tuesday 14 June which will take place in the School Assembly Hall.
When? 6 p.m. – All Primary Schools
8 p.m. – KingsPark P.S. & Waringstown P.S.
Mrs L E Currie
HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION – PLEASE READ
You will be aware that works have commenced to construct the Extension to Millennium Way. This will include constructing a new road from Malcolm Road to Gilford Road and upgrading the junctions of Millennium Way with Malcolm Road and the existing roundabout at Flush Place/Banbridge Road/Gilford Road.